São Paulo State University 2018 (Freitas)
- ATP & Muscular Fatigue
- Clinical Evidence
- São Paulo State University 2018 (Freitas)
- São Paulo State University 2017 (Freitas)
- University of Tampa 2017 (Purpura)
- University of Tampa 2013 (Wilson)
- University of Tampa 2013 (Lowery)
- Iowa State University 2012 (Rathmacher)
- Is PEAK ATP® the next generation of NO?
A single dose of PEAK ATP® supplementation was shown to reduce systolic blood pressure after aerobic exercise and induced a faster recovery of heart rate variability.
A double-blind, randomized study of 11 hypertensive women were given either placebo or 400-mg of ATP supplementation randomly, and then completed 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise. Post exercise blood pressure and heart rate variability were evaluated. The results of the study suggest that ATP supplementation can be used as a nutritional strategy to induce faster recovery of heart rate variability after exercise by increasing parasympathetic modulation and may be used to potentiate the reduction of systolic blood pressure after exercise in hypertensive women.Freitas et al. Oral adenosine 5′-triphosphate supplementation improved hemodynamic and autonomic parameters after exercise in hypertensive women. Journal of Exercise Rehabilitation 2018, 14(4): 671-679 [PDF]